Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Jerk and a Chicken

(Apologies to Rihanna and Drake)
(Sung by Donald Trump in bad rendition of reggae song)

Trust I'm not deserting
At Mar-a-Lago I am lurking
The fake news media don't like it
But the Fox, they are the nicest

I'm prepared to handle ISIS
You know I'll tweet in any crisis

I believe in the crowds' adoration
I'm stupid and mean and impatient
I treat you all like ego decoration
Told you I have no moral foundation

All that I wanted from you was to give me the
Attention that I've always had
Privilege that I've always seen
Coddled like I've always been

Mm-hmm
A fine-tuned machine don't get nothing wrong
Just get ready for

Work work work work work work
Act like I never
Work work work work work work
They see me
Playing golf golf golf golf golf golf

Say me and Putin ain't gon'
Work work work work work work
Sad sad sad sad sad sad
I refuse to learn learn learn learn learn learn

Don't agree wit' me
get spurned spurned spurned spurned spurned spurned

This poem © 2017 Emily Cooper